Sunday, January 3, 2010

Dreary Sunday - Katy, TX

It was cold and miserable today and I am still coughing like crazy. We had to get the RV moved to the driveway and set up so Julius can stay in it while he is doing work for us on the house. It is always a challenge when backing up into the driveway. It is steep and even though we have a 3-car garage, it has to be put in just the right position. Tom was backing it up and I was directing. This is always a  mistake. I have never learned the secret hand signals necessary to tell him which way to go. I have searched the internet for possible hints to this weighty subject, but to no avail.

When I am motioning him to come back we do fine. Otherwise it tends to be a disaster. Such was the case today. It did not help that I had on a very bulky coat with a furry hat to keep my ears covered. I think this was the problem. He thinks the problem is my directions. So after driving back and forth about ten times, he gets out of the truck and says, "Donna, we aren't communicating well. I need to explain to you how to let me know which way to go." If you really believe he said that, you don't know him. It was somewhat more emphatic than that. He had it a couple of times in the perfect place but just kept moving. We did, however long it took, successfully park the RV in the correct spot.

I think I am going to take a survey of RVers to establish a database of hand motions for backing up. Any contributions are surely welcome. All those wives who have obsessive compulsive husbands are encouraged to reply.

The rest of the day was spent on internet surfing and game playing. We are still looking for information on private health insurance. We have COBRA but it is so darned expensive. The policies we find are either too expensive or do not cover what we need covered, i.e prescriptions. I am a walking medicine cabinet and we would go broke in no time unless we get a break there. So, the search continues.

We ended the day with a game of Scrabble. It was an actual game, not a virtual one. It is really rare to sit down to a table and have to actually pick out the tiles and place them on the board. For those of you under 25, this is the way we played games in the olden days. :P I won by an amazing 4 points by catching him with a Z and V to count against him!   YAYAYAYA me!

So ends an exciting day in the life of the Traills. I know you just can't wait to hear more.  Until next time, God Bless and Keep you.

No comments:

Post a Comment