Sunday, October 3, 2010

Autumn Notes

Wow, I can hardly believe the summer is almost over. It has been so hot and humid that we have been  moving slow. Now the cool breeze and temperatures under 90 are very welcome.

It has been a very busy week. Things are falling into place for the winter months and we are really happy about that. First and foremost, we leased our Katy house! After 5 months of listing for sale or lease we finally found the perfect renters. They are a couple close to our age with three (count 'em) three dogs. That really scares some people off but not me. They are older dogs, perfectly trained and really loved. You can tell.  Anyway, that financial burden has been lifted and after meeting the people, we know they will take good care of our house. It is a blessing.

Jennifer wrecked her car Labor Day Weekend when traveling to our family reunion. She and Bryce were not hurt, thank you Jesus, but the car was totaled. She has been driving our spare car since then but this past week she bought a new one. It is a Toyota Matrix and I think she will really be happy with it. So we went to Houston so Dad could help made the deal and pick up the Rendezvous. Naturally while we were there we had to spend the night with her so we could have a little Evie time.  She is 5 months old now and so happy.



And finally, ta da, I found the perfect job.  I will be working full time from home! And since we know home is where the RV is, that makes life good.  I start training tomorrow and then will be able to work when and how much I want. Who could ask for anything more? I will let you know how it goes.

Tom is doing well. Retirement agrees with him. He has been working diligently to get the deck finished and we are really loving it. It is nice to sit out there and watch the kids on the playground and the ducks in the pond. Tom has even put a line or two in the pond and caught a couple of small bass. He put them back to grow up and be his dinner someday.

I hope you all have had a good summer and are looking as forward to cool weather and holidays as I am.  I will talk to you soon.

God Bless and Keep following the Traill.

2 comments:

  1. Donna and Tom congratulations on leasing your house. Donna, you mentioned that you will be working from home (RV) and I was wondering what you will be doing? I am looking at jobs working from home and have been unsuccessful in my search. I worked for USAA in commercial real estate in San Antonion in the late 80's and have family in the area. I love SA and the Hill Country - Fayetteville, AR where I now live is very much like the Hill Country - both beautiful and have nice people. Wishing you both a successful retirement filled with happy memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and Happy Birthday to Tom!

    ReplyDelete