Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Day 12-Year of Decision It is Never Easy

The past two days have been pretty difficult.  Tom was in Houston until earlier today and Julio was here to replace the kitchen floor.  A mobile home is a little different in that when you take out a floor to replace it, you see the ground underneath.  Underneath our mobile home is dirt, feral cat nests and the occasional possum.  For this reason the floor has to be taken out and replaced all the same day or be done in stages.  We are doing in stages, it appears.  Tomorrow will be day 3 of replacing the floor. It would be finished now but I did not buy enough tiles and had to go at the last minute tonight to get some more for tomorrow.  I am not going to tell anyone that I bought the amount Tom told me to buy.  That would be counterproductive.

I also have Evelyn for the next couple of days so not much is happening on the sorting front. You would think that I am unhappy and frustrated. It is weird, but I am not.  You have to break eggs to make an omlet, you need friction to make a pearl and time to make a diamond.  All of these things are special.  Well I have destroyed the house, had a fight with Tom and have 5 weeks to get everything done.  I seem to be right on target!!

I actually believe I am right smack in the middle of God's will for Tom and me. That is a wonderful feeling.  Today I have felt stress (so much to do), relief (DH was coming home today), frustration (isn't that dang floor ever going to be finished), joy (Evelyn actually hugged my neck and grinned at me today. Not bad for 10 months), anger (DH should not be mad at me, he told me how many boxes of tiles to buy), and now peace - Jesus' peace - that one that surpasses understanding.

I know I will have more of these days in the next month, year and lifetime I have left.  I just hope God reminds me, as he did tonight, as long as I stay in the center of his plan for me, the rest is just noise.

Good night all, the adventure continues...

1 comment:

  1. How right you are! Hang in there, we've all been through it. It will all come out right in the end. See you in a park soon.

    ReplyDelete