Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Day 6-Year of Decision - A Day Off?

(San Antonio, TX)  Today was supposed to be more demolition but it just didn't happen.  Neither Tom nor I slept worth a darn last night.  So many things going through our heads.  He finally got up about 3:00 am and worked on logistics and a time line of what needs to be done when.  I kept pretending I was asleep until about 7:00 then got up to take care of the grandbaby for the day.
First thing on today's agenda was to determine which debts were going to be paid off.  We will be hitting the road pretty much debt free and hopefully will be able to get an occasional work camp or gate guarding job to supplement our income. I still have a ways to go before Social Security so we will be living on Tom's SS and Dresser Pension for the most part. With that decided the day went right downhill.

We were so tired and Evelyn was so awake.  Today was one of those times when she just had to be with me every second.  We decided to not work on the RV and just work around the house.  I have started sorting my books and crafting stuff to see what I can get rid of.  I don't want to get rid of any of it.  ROFL

We got a call from a very good friend who is in Korea tonight - Hi Lora! It was great to hear from her.  She made a great suggestion for the demo and construction work we still have to do. We should get Tom some knee and elbow pads and a helmet to protect him from all the cuts and scrapes.  Tom just wants me to stop taking pictures of his butt while he is working.  I happen to believe he has no butt so what difference does it make, really?

I am going to get a good night's sleep and hopefully tomorrow will be more productive.  Take care all and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment