Friday, March 18, 2011

San Antonio, TX March 18, 2011 Happy Birthday Tom

WOW it has been a very long time since I posted! Everything  has been so boring that I did not have much to share. Well, today I do have something to share.  Happy Birthday to my DH Tom who is 6o-something today. He is, of course, much, much much older than me. Since he retired 15 months ago we have been so busy and yet have no idea how the time has gone by so fast. We have talked about going RVing for a long time now but it seems like something always stops us.  Well, no more!

We are doing it. Part of the problem has been the house in Katy, TX and the one in San Antonio (where we are living right now).  With the housing market soooooo bad we did not want to sell so we have rented out the Katy house and are looking to do the same for the San Antonio one.  To do that we have to sell all our "stuff."  This past week we have discussed, argued, compromised and laughed together as we made our plans.  It really has been great.  We agreed to give ourselves one year of decision. We don't know if we will like being on the road full-time or not. The only way we will know is to actually do it.

Today, it officially has begun.  When Tom posted the leather living room furniture he loves so much on Craig's List I knew he was serious. We have a lot of work to do but are hoping to be running away from home on May 22, 2011.  We can't go before then because my brother is getting married May 21st and I am NOT missing that.  I will try to be diligent and post daily on our doings so you can keep up with us. 

Next year, on Tom's birthday we will decide officially what to do next.  Our Year of Decision has begun.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! I'm happy that you've taken the plunge. Just in case it's good that you're holding on to some property as you never know what can happen (look what happened to us). I hope that you will enjoy your travels though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to hear from you.
    Happy Trails, Penny, TX

    ReplyDelete