Friday, May 6, 2011

Corpus Christi, TX - Work and more work

This week has been extremely busy getting more of the interior construction done on the RV. We are camped in my sister Carol's driveway as we finish up the remodel of this little home of ours.

We thought we had reduced our possessions enough but are still throwing stuff away. At least it is little stuff. I have a rather peculiar method of organization. I put things away and live with it for a little while. If I don't like it I move it somewhere else.  That, of course, is a little frustrating for Tom.  Nothing stays in the same place very long, so he can't find anything. Today I moved his socks. That was a DID moment.

I hurt my wrist pretty badly today and that slowed down my moving stuff. I have a weak wrist from an injury several years ago that never healed properly and sometimes the littlest thing will irritate it.  Today it was lifting the laundry basket. Just that after all these weeks of using it was enough to put me out of commission for a couple of days.  It is some better now, but I will be pretty much useless for a couple of weeks. That is bad news for me, but good news for Tom.  His socks are safe and will probably be stationary for a while.

It was a red letter day for Carol and Jerry. They left on Wednesday and drove to Oklahoma to pick up their RV.  They got a great deal on a Cedar Creek 5th wheel.  It is a real beauty.  I am so happy for them.  They will be on the road soon as well.

Tomorrow is our youngest granddaughter's first birthday.  We are going to make a day trip to San Antonio to celebrate it. She is such a beauty and is very close to walking.  Being the exceptional child she is, she really loves her Grammie (that's me).

I know this is short but I just can't type anymore tonight.  Take care all.

God bless and keep you.

No comments:

Post a Comment