Monday, May 2, 2011

Travel Day - Corpus Christi, TX

Our first Travel Day. We made the drive to Carol and Jerry’s house (my sister and brother-in-law) in about 3 hours. We took it slow and made several stops along the way. It was a beautiful day for driving.


It was really odd leaving San Antonio, pulling out of the driveway knowing we would not park there again as residents. While we may go visit the kids there, it is not home anymore. We are officially address-less. We are not homeless. We have a true mobile home now.

In true DID fashion, the departure was not without its mishaps. I will not list them at this time as I am really tired. Tomorrow looks to be a sleep in day with multiple naps possible in the afternoon. Evening will be a planning session for identifying the final projects required and scheduling of same.

The month of May looks to be a busy one. We have a birthday, graduation, and wedding followed by a holiday weekend. I must admit I did not know we were popular enough to get that many invitations in one month.

I have neglected to take pictures of the RV but believe me when I tell you, it is stuffed to the gills and more stuff will have to be purged before June 1. Tomorrow will be the naming ceremony for the RV. I will have pictures for that. I love the blog name suggestions but want to leave it open for now. If you can think of anything appropriate, shout it out.

All in all it was a good day. God gave us good weather, little traffic and a few laughs along the way. Who could ask for more?

God bless and keep you.

2 comments:

  1. Jerry Pearson commented on your link.
    Jerry wrote: "Welcome to your temporary home. Not a bad pad that includes water, electricity, cable TV, internet plus a shop and craft space. The site may not have an IT factor but the cost/night is right."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandra Merrikin commented on your link.
    Sandra wrote: "Congratulations, hope you enjoy it!"

    ReplyDelete