Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy 2012

Wow! We got a great New Year's Surprise when our daughter Jennifer braved the roads on Friday and came to see us at the ranch site. Tom was totally speachless when he saw her at the gate.  She said he was just staring and then shaking his head to stare some more.  I was sleeping so they had a nice visit till it was time to wake me.  She came in the room and rubbed my feet to wake me up, but when she spoke and I heard her voice I was like a Jack-in-the-Box and came up out of the bed so fast. 



The hardest part of this job is being away from our children and grandchildren.  We have always been a close family and missing the holidays with them was tough.  Having Jennifer here for a couple of days has been wonderful. She is going home today, time to get back in the grind, but God bless her for her visit and protect her on the way home.

It has been very slow at the gate over the holidays and we have enjoyed the respite.  I believe it will pick up now that everyone is back to work. We will see.

Tom and I wish you all the Happiest of New Years and blessings in the months to come.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful surprise! I'm so glad for you!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete