Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Busy travel day

Donna, Tom, Jay, Shalmir
Sunday, March 4, 2012

Whew! What a busy day yesterday was.  We started out in Canyon Lake, TX saying good bye to my awesome brother and his wonderful wife.  We had a great time with them even though it was fragmented.  We had so much to do.  My arms are sore from scrubbing the baseboards and cleaning the RV of the dirt we accumulated during our stay at the ranch.  In some places it turned into mud. Yech.  Tom was busy fixing little things and cleaning the outside compartments.

Jay, Shalmir and Bernie at the ranch
 While there we got a call from the couple that are renting our house in Katy, TX (outside Houston) saying they had bought a house and would be leaving by April 15th.  That was not really good news because they were great renters and took very good care of the house.  Hmmmmm, now what?
Once things were buttoned up, we headed to San Antonio and our daughter Kimberly's house.  We decided to leave the car with Kim and Julius while we head east.  We went to lunch with them then headed to Houston.

It was the first time I had spent any time in the motorhome while it was moving.  I have always driven the car.  It was really nice to be able to look out the giant windows and see everything we passed.  Another great thing was being able to log into the internet to find a real estate agent while we were moving.  Using the Verizon MiFi, I just used my iPad and searched for realtors in Katy, TX.  I found the phone number and called. It worked out great!  After making an appointment for two hours later with the agent, I went to the bedroom and took a nap while Tom drove.  I really love the motorhome.

The meeting went very well and we are pleased with the agent God led us to.  He is knowledgable and very personable.  He agreed with the price point we were looking for and we signed the papers.  Now we all need to pray for a quick sale.  The market has improved so much in the past 18 months, we are encouraged that we can sell and get that off our shoulders.

By this time it was 8:30pm and we were tired, hungry and out of gas. We filled up the motorhome - $200 - grabbed a Whataburger and headed to Jennifer's house.  We will be staying with her a couple of days (really Grandpa will be staying with Bryce hehe).  Our bed was calling and we crawled in about 9:30 and crashed.  It was a good day.  Thank you my Lord Jesus.

Happy Traill's to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment